Al-Mushahid Initiative for Transparency and accountability is a non-governmental, non-partisan organization which focuses on protecting economic and social rights, strengthening anti-corruption work and dedicated to promoting transparency and accountability in the use of Nigeria’s natural resources.
Our highly experienced and committed team includes; our partners, dedicated board members and amiable volunteers. All these put together, ensures our transparency and accountability mission and our vision of riding the country of corrupt practices, is fruitful. We have established new collaborations and networks while building on and strengthening existing ones.
Al-Mushahid Initiative is also the producers of CAPITAL WATCH MAGAZINE, a non-partisan news network. The impact of our work is greatly enhanced by our close relations with the media, and other partners with complementary expertise. We are non-partisan and place great importance on our independence. We alone determine our programmes and activities – no donor has any input into our policies.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES ARE:
- We will ensure to be non-partisan in our work.
- We will strive for balanced presentation of findings.
- We will undertake research to confirm our findings.
- We will vehemently condemn corrupt practices wherever it has been identified.
- We will only accept funding that does not compromise our goals.
- We will provide accurate and timely reports of our activities to our stakeholders.
- We will ensure and encourage compliance to transparency and accountability.
- We will respect and encourage respect for fundamental human rights and freedom.
- We undertake to be open, honest and accountable in our relationships with our collaborators.
- We will work cooperatively with all individuals and groups committed to the fight against corruption, subject to our policies and terms of engagement.